What I’m Leaving Behind With Summer
Spring cleaning-one of my favorite traditions-is a tried and true gem. May I suggest fall cleaning as well?
My Approach To Autumn
The days are getting shorter, daylight savings time is coming(the horror), and personally, I generally have less energy.
In the summer, the sun shone constantly. I had SO much energy and took on at least 3 new projects. I started things I couldn’t finish- and that’s okay.
Now, they’re no longer serving me- and it’s time to put them down.
Here are some examples:
- I started/revamped a publication
- I started a website
- I started a LinkedIn Newsletter
There are also some things I’d like to keep pursuing:
- Focusing on my Medium audience
- Refocusing on my Twitter presence
- Dog-walking has turned out to be a neat side hustle
- Continuing my meditation practice
And some things I’m unsure about/can take a pause
- Will I continue writing for content mills?
- social events and extracurricular sports suddenly don’t seem so urgent. I know friends and family will understand if they go a little longer without seeing me.
In this way, I “autumn clean” my priorities up more than my home- although a pumpkin spice candle and freshly cleaned floors never hurt anyone.
I tend to find that we try so many new things in spring and summer. Some of these things we’ll return to one day. Some we won’t.
Now is the time to figure out what really matters to us when the days get shorter when we have less energy to put into a million projects and when it might feel good to just focus on a few things that make us happy.
What are some ways you’ll “tidy up” this fall?
⭐️Follow The Writing On The Wall for curated content by yours truly❤